IE University Talent & Careers has designed a new program for their junior students who are itching to get started in the real business world!
What is the IE University Young Corporate Program?
This program is specifically designed to identify, encourage, and develop talent among IE University students. The Young Corporate Program provides students with the opportunity to gain real-world corporate experience within a specific company, starting early on in their degree.
Who is it for?
Goal-driven, ambitious bachelor’s students who are keen to immerse themselves in the real corporate world. The Young Corporate Program is open to IE University students enrolled in both first-year single degree and second-year dual degree programs, in either Madrid or Segovia campuses.
Our partner companies and their program path
“We are very proud to announce that the program has started with the support of 19 partner companies!” – IE University Talent & Careers
The companies participating in the program come from very diverse sectors and are looking for students with different profiles, which offers the program a wide variety of opportunities. Each company chooses students based on their own requirements and interests and guides them through the General Program Path with the following activities: company insight, mentoring, shadowing, internships, and the final thesis. In the case of companies in Segovia, the General Path is slightly modified to adapt it to their needs: only two years of activities will be carried out with activities such as company insight, mentoring and internships.
• Company Insight. This is the initial phase of contact with the company, either virtually or in person at the company location. Here, the businesses present their culture to pre-selected students.
Once the final students are selected, they will continue in the program with the following activities:
• Mentoring. Company executives will mentor and coach their chosen candidates throughout the remaining years of their program. The Mentoring phase will look different in every company and will consist of periodic activities set by the mentor.
• Shadowing is the dive into the daily life of the company. This involves observing professionals from different departments during their daily tasks. This is typically one week long, at a location determined by the company.
• Summer Internship This will look different at each company, as internships are tailored to companies’ needs and students’ skills. During the summer break, interns could find themselves either at national or international company offices, according to their talents and where the company needs them.
• Possible Summer Internship Extension There may be an opportunity to add this autumn internship period to the summer internship for a longer, six-month internship.
• A Final Thesis can be part of the Young Corporate Program only when the company project matches the university’s approved thesis topics. The project will be supervised by a professor from IE University and a company executive.
During this first edition, the Young Corporate Program has received +450 applications from students of very diverse degrees. The first part of the selection process has been carried out by IE University Talent & Careers and 120 students have been selected to participate in the company insights during the month of April. The students have enjoyed very diverse and interesting presentations that the companies have offered both in person and virtually.
Here is what some of our partners have said about the program and candidates:
¨A really interesting program from IE University that allows top young talent get real experience in participating companies and for us a way to identify and attract the best talent before they even get into the labor market.¨
¨In the coming weeks we will select the candidate who will join our team, and seeing the level of the participants we will have a very difficult choice.¨
¨From an already strictly personal point of view, it is a pleasure to help or support to give some clarity to the multiple options that students have when they finish the race.¨
We are very proud to see how well the program is developing and both our students and the companies are excited for the next steps! The next edition of the program will take place during the 2021/2022 academic year. Stay tuned for our communications!
If you are a company interested in joining the program, please reach out to us at email@example.com, we are very excited to welcome you! Some of our partner companies are: